Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-22-2013
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: at&t

can't sync email from old BB to new

Greetings, I'm not a techie so be kind!

I am trying to get my new BB 9900 to sync email with my Yahoo account, to do so it asks for my BB ID.. everytime I type it in it says it is an invalid ID despite the fact it is correct. I checked.. How do I get it to recognize the ID and let me continue to reconcile the email? I am on try 6 out of 10

Thx

Hall of Famer III
Posts: 59,093
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: can't sync email from old BB to new

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

What is the exact and complete error message, please? There are many possibilities, but the exact message you are seeing will guide us to the right answer.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-22-2013
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: at&t

Re: can't sync email from old BB to new

ok, so here are the different ways I have tried to handle the sitch...

when I go to Options, then "email reconciliation" first off there is nothing there, a blank screen.

If i go another route  through options to "email account management" it first checks for updates, then connects to email settings( initializing application) and then the little clock spins forever and never finishes the cycle of action.

so i cancel that.

Next I try going to "setup" click on email accounts and here is where it gives me the screen to sighn in with my BBID and password when I type in my ID (email address) and password, it goes to the screen telling me what will hapen if I continue (this ID to be associated with this smartphone and my internet email accounts etc. will automatically transfer over, I click "continue" and then in red it says "The user name and password provided do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID."  try 7/10

I went to reset your password to see what was there and the ID is correct.

This is my problem.

I appreciate any help you can give here to help me get the emails onto my phone

Hall of Famer III
Posts: 59,093
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: can't sync email from old BB to new


Bonnypirate wrote:

when I go to Options, then "email reconciliation" first off there is nothing there, a blank screen.


That is normal...that selection only applies to BES users, and Yahoo is not BES.


Bonnypirate wrote:

 

If i go another route  through options to "email account management" it first checks for updates, then connects to email settings( initializing application) and then the little clock spins forever and never finishes the cycle of action.

so i cancel that.


Does the "update" do anything? Or does it check and not find anything to do? I suspect that the failure to initialize the app is related to the BB ID issue...


Bonnypirate wrote:

 

Next I try going to "setup" click on email accounts and here is where it gives me the screen to sighn in with my BBID and password when I type in my ID (email address) and password, it goes to the screen telling me what will hapen if I continue (this ID to be associated with this smartphone and my internet email accounts etc. will automatically transfer over, I click "continue" and then in red it says "The user name and password provided do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID."  try 7/10

I went to reset your password to see what was there and the ID is correct.

This is my problem.


Please follow the guidance in this KB...from what you said you checked after the error, I cannot tell if this is what you did or not:

  • KB28684 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................