Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9900
My Carrier: movistar argentina

can't sync

i've been syncing outlook and my different bbs without too many problems during the past years, including my present bb bold 9900 and 7.0 soft. but yesterday the desktop manager stopped working while i was syncing, i restarted the program but i haven't been able to do much since then. i even downloaded the latest version 7.1, which seems to have made matters worse (organizer applications not supported etc).

from what i've read in different forums this seems to be a bad glitch, and i haven't been able to find any solution.

any help pls will be appreciated. i'm not at all technical, so hope your ideas are simple enough to follow.

thanks!

martin

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: can't sync

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bb 9900
My Carrier: movistar argentina

this looks both difficult and dangerous. no other known solutions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Other than ensuring your data is clean (which is, of course, quite wise to do in any event), the only potentially dangerous portion is the registry editing section...which is listed as to not attempt if you are not comfortable with it.

Concerning organizer incompatibility, you did not say what exact Organizer you are on, so all I can do is refer you to this:

Depending on your organizer version, you may have no choice but to fall back to a prior Desktop Software version anyway...and doing so "cleanly" is naturally a better method than the alternative IMHO. It is possible, though, to attempt simply installing the Desktop Software version you require (based on your organizer version) atop what is presently installed...but as to if that will clear up the other issues or not, that would be a bit of a "dice roll" I'd think.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................