Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9380 REB71UW
My Carrier: mtn

cannot connect to the internet

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: cannot connect to the internet

Hello Winklez

Welcome to Support Forums

Can you provide some more detail regarding your issue, like if you're recieving any error message while accessing Internet from your device ? Are you not allowed to browse even over wifi ? 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

For instance,sometimes if not most of the time I cannot check my airtime balance,make calls etc...when I'm able to connect to the internet,I get an error message "fialed to connect to the internet,if the problem persist,contact service provider"...I visit common web pages like google,bing,youtube etc and still receive that error massage...I'm on the mtn network!oh and bbm it also does the same,but without the error message...to top it all of,this is a new phone,I bought it on Friday.Smiley Sad
Elite II

Hello Winklez

Checking our Airtime balance or a Voice call , those are voice level services which are related to our Carrier , and regarding your issue with Data Services like browsing Internet , Do You have any Data Plan  from your Carrier which allow those features , Or do you have BlackBerry Data Plan from your Carrier , because to access most BlackBerry Data Services we need BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS . Do you have that ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Yes I have that...BlackBerry Absolute Service R59...I activated BAS immediately after purchasing my phone!
Elite II

Hello Winklez

If you already have BIS on you account , then have you contact  you carrier about this issue ! In addition I suggest you first follow this Knowledge base and go through each resolution , it might help :

KB11678 :  Unable to browse to any websites on the BlackBerry smartphone.

First try those steps and let us know.