12-17-2012 01:19 PM
Google just turned off google calendar sync for blackberry. so i have made a gmail account so that i can use the "BIS wireless calendar sync" on gmail. however whenever i go into the email setup on my bb, it just times out. i click the icon and get about a second or 2 of the ticking clock and then nothing. this was happening before when i setup my email addresses (and was fixed by using the bis email email account setup from my carrier, Telstra in Australia). It is only an issue now as the gmail calendar sync requires that i validate the email address from my bb in order to get wireless calendar sync. have done a heap of battery pulls. have been on the phone to my provider for hours today and have flashed the phone. have downgraded to version 6, 905 and done a full info wipe. this has not helped. i assume that the problem is with the carrier but they have tried 'everything' to fix this as it has (like i said) been a problem in the past. and always the same thing. i have downloaded service books and then deleted them and then downloaded them again, have reregistered to the network alot of times, the provider had reset my account neumerous times. i have tried going to mobile.blackberry.com and this will not validate my email "from the phone" and get my calendar to work. i would upgrade to the 9900 but 2 things, there are alot of people complaining about reception issues and there is os 10 just around the corner. i have looked online and not found a serious answer to fix my calendar. looking for a work around or fix to get my google calendar working?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-17-2012 03:28 PM
ok i have worked it out.
i have seen a few ppl posted the same thing. i dont know if this will work for everyone, but this is what i did.
dont think this part matters but i will put it in and others can comment. after downloading the latest desktop manager from telstra (my carrier) because the previous soft ware was downloaded from vodafone website.
then i went to applications list on desktop manager and found that there were 2 "email installer" programs, they were different versions. i deleted 1 and nothing changed. i deleted the 2nd and nothing changed. then wen i loked at appliactions it gave me the option to reinstall only 1 of these email installer files. i did that and now i have my calendar back.
i hope this helps others out please let me know if you want more info.