Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: digicel

cannot restore bbm contact list

hi, i am unable to restore my bbm contact lis. i made a couple of backups a while back. after upgrading bbm from 5 to 6, i'm not able to restore my bbm contacts after a wipe. the email address i use is still valid, i use to restore using my email address. after sending a request, it posts "validation req successfully sent to email address, but i haven't received any so up till now on my bb device. i receive my email directly on my bb device. 

any advice?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: cannot restore bbm contact list

is your email address like @blackberry.net ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

hi, sorry to be replying after a month, but yeah i do have a @blackbery.net kinda email adress. actually in my coountry its @[provider].blackberry.com. i dunno if this was due to bad connection [which i doubt cuz all the other wireless services worked just fine] but i had to make a new email address to be on my way with email services. i dunno what'll happen to the old email address and if i can still use it or if the services connected to that email adrress will be active.

what do you guys think?

Contributor

yup, actually its an @digicel.blackberry.com
digicel being my carrier
Guru I

please read this article from the public knowledge base:

Article ID: KB23432 How to disassociate an email address from BlackBerry Messenger contact list remote backup and restore

Is your @digicel.blackberry.com email address marked as registered in your BBm

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hey Xandrex, my current email address is now registered with bbm. I believe that the first was not, or at least I didn't register it with bbm manually. Still waiting on the verification mails from bbm, although its status is already as 'registered'. They told me to look in 'junk' folder just in case... I don't remember my device email address even having a 'junk' folder.
Guru I

do you confirm the following two points:
1 when you did the BBm contact list backup, you did it towards your @digitel email address
2 now, your @digicel email address is not registered within BBm

with those two points, you cannot restore the BBm contacts list. You will have to register your digicel email address in BBm first.