Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: cannot see my songs in itunes and my playlist in the media menu of desktop manager for mac

mossboss, can you try what samir tried?

Create a new login:

- Go to the Mac System Preferences

- Accounts

- Unlock

- Click + to add a new account (it can be admin or non-admin.. it shouldn't matter)

- Once the user has been created, reboot your Mac and log into the new user

- Start iTunes

- Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager and plug in your BlackBerry

See if you can see playlists in the Music section now 

------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: cannot see my songs in itunes and my playlist in the media menu of desktop manager for mac

i have the same issue. I tried creating a testing login account in my mac. I am able to see the playlists while in the new account. However, all my music is in my real account, so the playlists are empty in the testing account. When I come back to my account, I cannot see the playlists again. I do have big playlists. This seems like a bug or someone picked a very bad data structure in order to process the playlists. I shouldn't have to create a new account in order to be able to sync to my music. I am a senior in computer science at a top 5 US cs univ, I am willing to help if a dev reads this.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

•  i created a new login name (which i agree with previous post)
  • playlist was visible (but ITUNES PLAYLIST are empty)
  • all my music is in my own account which cannot be transfered to the new login name

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET AROUND THIS PROBLEM?

PLEASE HELP

New Contributor

btw... I am on Leopard 10.5.8 and iTunes 9.0.2

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

the purpose for creating a new user and seeing if it works is to determine where the problem is (it is a diagnostic test)...it sounds like you may have some corrupt plists....try deleting the itunes plists on your regular login (user/username/library/preferences, delete all of the com.apple.itunes plists)...you may also have moved the folders around which is a no no for iTunes...

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Dear "Satman" i did exactly as u suggested (even though wasnt quite sure what is .com.apple that i deleted) now it keeps asking me turn my itunes on. and i ve done that 10 times?

deleted all plists

why isnt it able to see ITUNES  now?

came out of frying pan and into fire !!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

I was actually responding to rusty, but if you go back into the same folder, you will see the plists are all back (they get recreated automatically).  

Your problem may be different.  What do you have in the user/username/music/itunes folder?  You could try resetting itunes from the preferences/advanced/reset, re-downloading and installing iTunes (make sure you keep a backup of your music folder.  You could also create a new library (hold option key when you start iTunes.  Once the new library is created you go to preferences/advanced and change the media folder location to the back-up itunes music folder

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Mobistar

Re: cannot see my songs in iTunes and my playlist in the media menu of desktop manager for mac

Tried it with the create new user strategy and that "works": I can see my playlists and songs. But that actually does not solve anything because I'm not going to switch to a new user.

New Contributor

I have some of the same problems.  When I pull up my desktop manager on my mac, I see no playlists, but on my phone, I have some listed. 

I created the new account on my mac, and could then see play lists on the bb desktop manager.  So I did what was suggested, and deleted the itunes plist, and restarted, but still did not help.  I reconnected my bb, and still saw no playlists.

Here's the weird thing ... a few months ago, I was able to see the playlists ... what could have happened to make the change?   I don't know.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Did anyone come up with a solution to this? These posts were all last year, but there was no solution found. Now I have the same problem - none of the playlists appear in the Blackberry Desktop Manager despite having some small and some large playlists in iTunes.

(iTunes 9.1 / Blackberry Curve 8520 v5.0.0.681 / OS X 10.5.8)