Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

cannot unlock keypad

If I lock the keypad (holding down A), I cannot seem to unlock it.  I'm new to a blackberry, so maybe I am missing something.  But according to the phone, manual, and plenty of googling, it should unlock by holding down the A again.  (or A + send button)

I've tried plenty of different keypad combos, but no luck.

Powering down does unlock it.  In fact, I usually just power it down, then interupt the power down (by hitting any key), and the keypad is then unlocked.  But that's pretty incoonvenient.

???.  Thanks

Bold 9650
Verizon
v5.0.0.732
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: cannot unlock keypad

On top of your phone on the left is a lock button under the blacl panel. Press down to lock and unlock. Press and hold the A key will lock but not unlock on mine and I have a different OS.
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

worked perfect and thanks!

I did not see that in the manual, and because of my cover, never even knew there was a button there.

Bold 9650
Verizon
v5.0.0.732
Super Contributor

Your welcome. I'm not sure if it was you or not but someone was asking about locking handheld upon holstering? That is under Options>Password. Smiley Happy
~diffused
Verizon
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

I am unable to unlock my Blackberry Curve 8330 key pad even after removing the battery ands replacing it

Super Contributor

You mean as in, Password/unlock?
~diffused
Verizon
My Device: BLACKBERRY STORM
My Carrier: VERIZON

Thank you that worked for me,great tip!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10 - SQN100-3
My Carrier: Vodafone

I can lock my device using the button on top on left side but cannot find any key combination to UNLOCK it.  My only option seems to reconnect to PC and sync then all is well again.  Hardly a convenient solution.

BTW, since upgrading to devise OS 5 I have had tons of problems including keypad and scroll/trackpad lockups, endless reboots, battery pulls, more reboots.  Oh joy!  I have tried deleting all 3rd party apps (Google Mail, Opera Mini browser, Dictionary.com, Unit Converter, Time Zone thingey) to no real advantage as I still get lockups.

Someone on Crackberry suggested downloading BBSAK but I'm loathe to try a non BB approved thing and why should I when everything worked just fine before?

I can only guess on when the phone will be reliable again.

Thanks to anyone who can fix my phone.

Bold 9700. Windows XP Pro SP3.  Device OS 5.  DM 6.0.0.43.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: mtn

Some people suggest downgrading your opperating software.

The only way to get it in this state, without having to plug-in to charger or USB is as follow.

- Press the green dail button

- Then press an emergency nr eg. 112

- It the come up with an option to dail the emergency number. Press the green dail button again

- Then you obviously have to cancel the call by pressing the red dial button

- Magic - Your phone keypad is unlocked

Enjoy - the unwanted features.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: #

I also sujusted the same think that if you lock key is broken and can't unlock and lock. Go to settings set left conventional key to lock. But the same key will not unlock the phone. And then to unlock press the power off button untill its gives you options to power of or fully power of and then just press the back button to canel its and the phone is unlocked again and start using it again.