09-30-2012 08:00 AM
11-15-2012 06:04 PM
Hello...and apolgies for the delayed reply!
Any BB can be used on any carrier that runs the same radio frequencies that the BB is capable of (and I've no idea if your's are such). But, to bring a BB onto a carrier network that they did not sell to you, there are several hurdles to cross:
1) The carrier must say "yes" to the fact...they own their network and have every right to say what devices will be allowed to connect to it. If they say "no", then that's the end of it.
2) You must be sure that your BB is properly unlocked from it's originally manufactured-for carrier...see this helpful thread for details:
3) You must get all of your voice level services functioning on the carrier, before you even try anything about data
4) You must subscribe, from the carrier, to an adequate data plan to enable the BB-proprietary services you desire
You must next conduct the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 5 and 6 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):
5) Register HRT
6) Delete and Resend Service Books
7) Batt Pull Reboot
Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you will need to work with MTN Nigeria to determine why you cannot receive BIS-level services. There are several possibilities:
Until you are able to register the HRT and receive the Service Books from MTN Nigeria, you will have no access to data level services.
Good luck and let us know!