04-21-2013 02:36 PM
i have a blackberry 9360 with os version 7.1.0 bundle 2039 and on my blackberry it says there is a new update which is 7.1.0 bundle 2494 but when i go to my desktop software it doesnt come up with an update? how can i update it from my computer?
04-21-2013 06:53 PM
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
04-23-2013 12:56 PM - edited 04-23-2013 12:57 PM
Sadly, from those few words, it's rather difficult to tell you exactly what went wrong...so all I can do is guess...but I know 100% that this process, done correctly, works.
Done correctly, this process cannot result in "still the same"...indeed, the moment you connect your BB and launch the Desktop Software, it should offer you the update you downloaded and installed (step 3) to your PC...you should not even be able to proceed into the Desktop Software and make any of it's choices (e.g., "update"). If that did not happen, these are typically the reasons:
If any of those conditions exist, the Desktop Software will ignore the BB OS Package and attempt to use it's "automatic" methods just as it previously did...which will result the same as before. You, quite simply, must properly conduct all of those steps and ensure that none of these conditions exist. If you do so, then the OS Package you have installed to your PC will be offered to you to install to your BB.
Good luck and let us know!!
04-24-2013 01:09 PM
04-24-2013 01:15 PM
04-24-2013 02:07 PM
04-24-2013 03:26 PM
04-24-2013 03:29 PM