Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: yes

cant open pdf files with 9700 bold

Hi guys I need help I had this phone with os 5 and was not allowing to open pdf files even online, I dd upgraded to os 6 and was able to open pdf I ve decided to go back to os 5 cause os 6 was taking to much space. Any 1 can advise which os 5 is good able to open pdf files online. I am currently downgraded to os 5.0.0.862 and I am happy with the space.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: cant open pdf files with 9700 bold

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Natively, no BB OS can render a PDF file. None.

If the PDF remains as an email attachment (on a BB with a proper BIS service plan), then the attachment service renders the PDF...it matters not what OS level the BB is on.

If the PDF is not an email attachment, then you need a 3rd party app to render the file. With prior OS levels (prior to OS7, as I recall), the Desktop To Go Standard apps were included, but that did not include PDF ToGo...you had to pay for the Premium version to render PDFs. With OS7 (I think), the Premium version was included, so the PDF ToGo app was there, and was rendering the PDF document.

So, there is no OS level to recommend...as no OS levels, in and of themselves, can render a PDF.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: yes

Re: cant open pdf files with 9700 bold

Ok tx a lot for your advise