Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Re: cant watch youtube videos on blackberry storm 9530

and if that not working I just found his info, I am not sure it is applied to you or not:

seems Vodaphone UK have a current issue with youtube, and no timescale to resolve it

There is currently a network issue affecting YouTube streaming for certain phones on Vodafone UK - most noteably the Storm, and the Nokia N95 and N96 handsets, which is under investigating by our firewall team.

The case reference for this is HD1020851 - at present we have identified the main cause of the issue, but do not yet have a timescale for resolution

My Device: Not Specified

I am also having this exact problem, and have read MANY forums w/ diff opinions/solutions, but they dont work I still get the following error msg Every time I try to open a video w/the youtube app ""Player Exception: Cannot open tunnel. Cause: java.io.IOException: Cannot open tunnel"  I have a fully unlocked BB storm 9530 - have tried numerous times/diff videos/removing the battery/uninstalling-reinstalling - same thing.  It has to be some technical option somewhere, because others claim theirs works fine.  And yes Im aware of the mobile site to view, which also doesnt work for me- it opens up my media player, then nothing everytime- but regardless i prefer the App, and it has worked for others, so I would need someone who has conquered this issue to PLEASE reply to me!! = Thanks
Contributor

I have the exactly the same problem, I tried everything possible, I tried changing the setting, and I tried m.youtube.com and youtube client. but no luck. 
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550

I had that same problem last nite.  I found this link for youtube on these forums - it's working for me - - for now.

m.google.com/youtube

Storm2 9550 SC, USA
New Developer
My Device: 9550

Re: can't watch youtube videos on blackberry storm 9530

I was running .113 then did the new update everything works fine and well except you tube I'm having the same error message and I tried everything except wipe and you tube is not worth the trouble.
James s Jezierski
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: can't watch youtube videos on blackberry storm 9530

I'm still on the .75 release and only have an occasional error when trying to view a YouTube video.  Most times re-visiting the link will open it.  It's probably something to do with not being able to open all the packets in the stream properly. 

New Developer
My Device: 9550

I'm not sure if this is just luck but it worked for me. I also for the last week got the same error on you tube after installing the new OS,

I opened you tube signed in then received the error got out of the application but left myself signed in,opened my browser goggled you tube. Once I found the link I opened it and was able to run a video from there. Once I did that I when back to the you tube application and it started working fine again with no errors or issues try it I want to know if it was just luck or it loaded something missing on the storm update,

James s Jezierski
New Contributor

I can't watch videos with YouTube appl either.

The error message is:

'PlayerException:Error initializing media.Cause: javax.microedition.media.MediaException:Error initializing media'.

Can you please help me?

Thanks George

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Ive posted the vsame thing that Im Having with Youtube mobile app. I liked the App version instead of the mobile Browser version.

the browser Version is similar to the one I use on My PC but I never can get the Exact Video when I put a subject in search box

The Application type gives me what I Want. Ive Re downloaded it several times but get that Java Error or Connection timeout