Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

charging Curve 8900 when on move

My son bought me a birthday present of a small device with various connections, including a USB one, it includes a ordinary battery, and can be used when you dont have a car charger or mains charger; but the USB connector does not fit my BB Curve 8900 - Maplin say it is not possible to get the connection for the Blackberry as this is unique to Blackberry.  I cant see this accessory anywhere on the site for sale.  Can anyone help me to locate this.  When travelling abroad it would be a boon to have emergency power when not in the car or hotel room.

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: charging Curve 8900 when on move

I don't know who Maplin is... but the 8900 device requires a "MicroUSB" connection.

Most BlackBerrys prior to the 8900 and Storm, used a "MiniUSB" connection.

If your charger contains a MiniUSB, you can get an adaptor fro MiniUSB to MicroUSB. I recently bought five of them.

Would that solve your problem?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Not Specified

Re: charging Curve 8900 when on move

Sounds like you have the answer - will try it - many thanks