Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

clearing unread messages

My BB Tour 9630 is showing 1 message unread.  However I can't find the message.  Also next to the number 1 is an icon I don't recognize.  It looks like two small 0's connected by a line.  Does anyone know how to clear? Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: clearing unread messages

Hello and welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

My BB Tour 9630 is showing 1 message unread.  However I can't find the message. 

Remove the battery from your device to have device reset. Having a battery pull device reset will help you resolve many minor issue relating to your device.

Also next to the number 1 is an icon I don't recognize.  It looks like two small 0's connected by a line. 

The icon denotes that you have a unread voice mail. To listed to that message just dial your carriers voice mailbox number. Call for your carriers customer support to know that number.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

You are in great hands with Tanzim!   Glad you are here

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: DTEK60

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101     Tips & Tricks

Ditto what Cathlabnurse said.

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange

THE ANSWER

The icon refers to a message that you have sent (e.g. when you forward a text message). I'm not sure why the icon comes on, but to clear it, do the following:

Gp into your sms message folder

choose options

choose display sent items, put this onto 'yes'

Then scroll through all your sent items and you should find messages which you sent, which appear with the new message icons. Just delete these.

That should get rid of the problem.

To reset your folder to hide sent items, just follow the first 3 steps, and choose the 'no' optino for displaying sent items.

Hope that helps!