Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

code 507 on screen

i need help my blackberry will not do anything but stay on a white screen with that code on it someone help me please i dont know what  to do its like all my stuff has been deleted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: code 507 on screen

Code 507 and white screen means there is no OS installed in you handheld. Perform the following steps -

1. Download and install the update OS for you HH from carrier site 

2. Connect your HH with Desktop Manager

3. Go to options -> Connection settings -> Click on Detect button (on Desktop Manager)

4. Click Application Loader and install the desired OS in your HH 

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I did all those steps you sent me and it detected the phone in the usb port, then for applications name only thing that pops up is telenav maps and i continued on and its saying no action needed, your devices software has been updated successfully, and im using vista if that makes any difference.

Contributor

you need to install the proper handheld software from orginal service provided of the device. the handheld software does not come with the desktop manager it is a seperate package. after you install that follow the same process above.
New Contributor

do i need to go to my carriers web site to do that im with AT&T so is this something that they will have on there web site or where should i go to do so
Retired

rosean23 wrote:
do i need to go to my carriers web site to do that im with AT&T so is this something that they will have on there web site or where should i go to do so

Yes, the website for your Carrier should have the latest BlackBerry smartphone software for you to download.

Highlighted
New Developer

hello,

Here comes (RIM) official link for downloading device software..

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp 

Download and install it on ur machine, go thr above steps

cheers

-avi