05-04-2009 09:29 PM
05-04-2009 10:10 PM
check in device manager, see if you see BLACKBERRY SMARTPHONE or possibly anything that doesnt look right
try another cable
try plugging it into another PC, dont need to install DTM on 2nd PC... just check device manager again
06-17-2009 06:37 PM
06-17-2009 07:45 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums darrman and kc_berry!
You may want to reboot your computer and see if that helps. When in doubt.....
Do you see the lightning bolt in the battery icon when your device is plugged in?
Are you using a USB hub or plugging the USB cable directly into the computer? Have you tried a different computer port? You may want to try a port on the back of the computer (one that's integrated directly to the motherboard). Best place to connect is one of the usb ports on the back of your pc i.e. not through a hub or on the pc's front or the side of a monitor.
Let us know what you find.
07-25-2010 12:44 PM
i have the same problem,i did have a lightning bolt on my battery icon but nothing now,i follwed all these steps up to 6,a,ii because its not showing to verify it please help
07-25-2010 12:46 PM
Here are a few tips that may help if your PC is unable to detect your BlackBerry smartphone!
1. Install the desktop manager software – when installing the Desktop Manage software that came with your device be sure to Not have the BlackBerry connected to the computer during this process.
2. Always use the USB ports from the back of the computer; never use a USB hub or a docking station USB port.
3. If you have another UBS cable you can try doing that to make sure it is not the cable causing the issue.
4. If you are using a laptop computer disable the power management settings.
a. For Windows-XP and Vista do the following to disable power management on the USB ports
i. On the computer, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
ii. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
iii. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
iv. Right-click the USB Root Hub and select Properties.
v. Click the Power Management tab, and clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
vi. Click OK.
vii. Repeat steps i. through vi. for each USB Root Hub listed in BlackBerry Device Manager.
5. If you have uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop Manager Software trying using the following knowledge base article to do a “clean uninstall” of the software. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206
6. The existing USB driver installed is for an earlier model of the BlackBerry smartphone.
a. Manually upgrade the USB driver for the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
i. Right-click My Computer and select Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.
ii. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, verify that the BlackBerry smartphone is found.
iii. If an exclamation mark is displayed, right-click the BlackBerry smartphone and select Update Driver.
iv. If the Hardware Update Wizard prompts you to use Windows Update, select No not this time and click Next.
v. Choose Install from a list or specific location and click Next.
vi. Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install and click Next.
vii. Click Have Disk and then choose Browse.
viii. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers.
ix. Double-click on RimUsbNT.inf, click OK, and then click Next.
7. If you have another PC try using that PC to see if you able to get the device connected
8. If you do not have another PC then try creating a new user account on the PC and then install the Desktop Manager software on that new profile.
07-25-2010 02:51 PM
Has this BlackBerry been encrypted?? I have my phone encrypted, and when I plug it in, the computer doesn't even recognize that it's there unless I decrypt it using the password I set to lock the phone...
Let me know!
07-25-2010 03:20 PM
thanks google,i know what it is now but i dont think mine is,i dont use a password on it anyways.it was all open when i got it and its never asked me for a password
09-20-2010 03:25 PM
i have connected my blackyberry curve to my laptop and its makes a little bleep noise so i know its connected , but this week its not showing up in MY COMPUTER and I've tried everything!
I've been on
then mass storage mode support
and it says "on" so i switched it to "off" then back to "on" connected it again and its not working :/ , my laptop is completely fine ,and i can see the lightning bolt in my battery icon as well :/ and I've looked through the little booklets in the box it came in and nothing can help me :/ can you help please ?