Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: connection with macbook pro

This might not help but if you have gmail you can sync your contacts on there with your mac, and then sync your phone with gmail contacts.  a little tedious but that's one way to go about it.
New Contributor

For those of you trying to use PocketMac, make sure you have the most current version, which is 4.1 or higher. I made the mistake of downloading the 1.2 version and it won't work. It kept on giving me that "error. skipping" message. But when I upgraded to the 4.1 version it worked fine.

If anyone ever watched Carlos Mencia...dee dee dee...

If you have correctly password locked your Storm, you need to go to the last tab on the SyncManager UI ("Connection") and give it your password, after you've updated to the latest version and installed the USB driver updated.  THEN it syncs without an issue.  Worked like a champ

So I can't get my storm to sync with Pocket Mac at all (getting that skipping error). I thought I was downloading the newest Version of PocketMac 4.1 (thats what the download says) but the Sync Manager that comes with this download is 1.4...

Where am I going wrong?

Contributor

Follow the link below and follow STEP 2 download the updated drivers for pocket mac dated 25/11/2008 all should work perfectly hope this helps

Updated Drivers

Hi there. I've got this new BB Storm and have exactly the same problem with PocketMac as you guys. I installed the software, then the update, made sure the time zone on my MacBook Pro is the same as on my BB and still nothing. I CANNOT Sync my Address Book with my BB Storm. I also tried this trick with memory card. I enabled mass storage and still nothing.

Does anyone know where the problem lies. I am really frustrated now. I like the new BB but it is so difficult to sync the basic things with it once you own a MacBook Pro.

Can anyone advise.

Thx,

David 

Contributor

I've had all the same problems named above. I'm running OS 10.4.11 on my Powerbook G4. After downloading Pocketmac & it's upgrade, I discovered, on the Pocketmac site that the upgrade will NOT work for Tiger, it is for Leopard only. There is (seemingly) no way to use Pocketmac to sync the Storm to a Mac running Tiger. I downloaded (and PAID $40) MissingSync. Not pleased about having to do that at all, but I was able to get the phone to sync to my computer.

A warning about both of these programs though- ever since I've installed these programs on my Mac, it's been crashing constantly, to the point where I may have to bring in to the mac store and have them look at it...

Almost starting to regret not getting the iphone instead.

New Contributor

I have a MacBook Pro and use MissingSync with no problems. I have used MissingSync with both OSX 10.4 and 10.5 and with the Pearl, Curve, & now the Storm all work great. I was also never able to get pocket mac to work.
Contributor

Sorry...this isn't working for me.  I did the settings on Mass Storage and got rid of the extension files.  In fact, when I got rid of the extension files and then uninstalled and reinstalled the Pocketmac, I was then able to actually see "Blackberry 1" and "Blackberry 2" mounted as external drives.  But when I run Pocketmac, I can see before I even run it that the Blackberry is not recognized as a device.  

I don't really want to mess with MissingSync as I had a helluva time with that before when I had a Treo.  

I've seen conflicting things about running with 10.4.11...some say Leopard only, some don't.  Also on an Intel MBP.  Getting the same messages:

[10:20:14.198] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

Going to try reformatting the memory card.  Otherwise, I'm fresh out of ideas.  

IMHO, though, I'm generally enjoying the device.  My first BB and so far, flawed, but all new devices are flawed.  I sincerely wanted an iPhone...and almost switched.  We shall see how it goes.  

Visitor

I use a MacBook Intel 2GHz Core Duo, running Tiger 10.5.4 and I have synced both iCal and Address Book successfully with PocketMac.  But only once, in "overwrite device" mode.  I had previously tried the free download of Missing Sync to no avail.  And after my initally sucessful sync with PocketMac, my second attempt to "synchronize" failed.

I have not had time to suss this out and repliate my initial success, or determine why the second sync attempt failed.  I had installed and uninstalled both PocketMac and Missing Sync in the interim.   I wish I could offer specific steps for the successful sync with PocketMac, but at least I can attest that it does work.