Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: connection with macbook pro

Just heard back from PocketMac tech support and they reiterated the instructions to download and install the latest PocketMac driver.  I had the latest one as of last night.  And the actual version # never changed, but this morning's download and install got me up and running.  

Only advice I would give those still struggling: Make sure you go through the sequence of uninstalling PocketMac, reinstalling it, restarting, then installing the drivers and restarting.  My 2 cents..... 

New Contributor

To help with the skipping turn off the MDAP download feature in options.

This function is syncing music files.

Once I turned this off(with the help of VZWireless) the syncing through Pocketmac has been a breeze. 

New Contributor

MDAP ???????  Maybe you can tell me where that option is?
Regular Contributor

I'm totally pulling my hair out with this one. I can't get it to sync at all. When I go to the updated drivers page on the Blackberry site, I get an error at the dowload regardless of which browser I use. I can't find squat about it anywhere else.
New Contributor

Hey Alonfed,

Today I recieved an email from a tech at PocketMac with step-by-step directions for how to solve the syncing problem.

Here's what I got, I hope it helps:

"Please follow the steps below in the order presented.

1.    Log in to the Apple Macintosh computer with an account that has administrator-level permissions.
2.    Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
3.    From the left menu bar, select Applications, and then open PocketMac Sync Manager.
4.    Click Uninstall PocketMac.
5.    When prompted to continue uninstalling PocketMac, click Yes.
6.    When the uninstall process is complete, click Quit.
7.    Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
8.    Select the Users folder. The current user is indicated by the Home icon.
9.    Click the Home icon to continue.
10.    Open the Library folder, and then open the Preferences folder.
11.    Delete the PocketMacBlackberry.plist file.
12.    Delete the PocketMacAdvancedPreferenceData.plist file.
13.    Delete the PocketMacSyncManager.plist file.
14.    Open the Library folder, and then open the Application Support folder.
15.    Delete the PocketMac and PocketMacSyncManager folders.

Pocket Mac 4.1.25 should remove the driver files, but verify that they are by:

16.    Remove the USB driver files by going to HD > System > Library > Extensions.  Delete BlackBerryUSB.kext and BlackBerryUSBDev.kext
17.    Empty the Trash from the Dock by right-clicking and selecting Empty Trash.
18.    Restart the Apple Macintosh computer.

19.    Next, install the PocketMac 4.1.25 for BlackBerry smartphones DRIVER update. To download the driver update, visit BlackBerry for Mac. (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp ) Note: Make sure that the BlackBerry smartphone is disconnected from the computer during the installation of the driver update.

20.   Install the latest version of the PocketMac software: Article Title: Download and Install Current Version of PocketMac, Article Number: KB04827 Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04827

21.   Remove Sync History: Article Title:  Remove synchronization history  Article Number: KB05175  Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05175

22.   Run the Fix Disk Permissions utility
        Complete the following steps:
        1) Go to /Applications/Utility and open the Disk Utility program.
        2) Select Fix Disk Permissions and run the utility.
        3) The Mac should restart when the process completes.

23.   Review the article below and configure PocketMac to synchronize a single database.  (i.e.: contacts)  Article Title:  How to verify Advanced Preferences using PocketMac for BlackBerry, Article Number: KB11071  Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11071

24.   If there is a password on the device, remove it.

25.   To synchronize, follow the steps below:
        1) Open PocketMac
        2) Plug in the USB cable
        3) Press the synchronization button
When you need to synchronize again unplug the device, close the program and repeat the process above, selecting a different database.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Marcr. That was quite an adventure, but it worked. It took a little while to find an alternative link to the driver update. It's hidden in the text on the PocketMac site. For some reason the link to the driver download on the Blackberry site gives an error.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

You can't sync the storm bluetooth with a mac. I have sent my storm back and Im getting an iphone. I suggest others do the same, blackberry needs to address these issues, we shouldn't have to put up and be putting such an effort into syncing  phone.
New Contributor

Any ideas why now my mac only recognizes Blackberry 2 not Blackberry 1? Any recommendations? I have synched and my contacts after 4-5 synchs are no longer on the Mac. Then BB1 is not being recognized? Help is appreciated.

Thanks, Scott 

New Contributor

marcr,

I tried this procedure and still no luck.  Keep getting the same error.  

New Contributor

elofton

I don't know what to tell you, except that it worked for me and my BBerry has been syncing fine ever since.  I am using the Curve 8330 and a MacBook Pro (not the newest one).

However, I still run into syncing problems when I use a password on my BBerry.  So now, everytime I sync, I have to disable the password protection, sync, then enable it again.  Small price to pay for syncing capability I guess.

But like I said, other than that, it's been syncing fine.  Wish I could offer more help, but after days upon days of troubleshooting this, the solution I posted above was the one that finally worked for me, so that's all I got.

Good luck.