Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: constant hourglass, no email, and no internet

Well we know why it's not working. If resetting it by taking out the battery didn't work, then just call Verizon to see if maybe they're having an outage in your area, or to see what else they can do for you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Try this:

1. from your home screen, go to the applications and look for the one called "Manage connections". Click on it, it will open a small window.
  2. In the window, go to the "mobile network options" and click on it. a new screen will appear.
  3. On that screen, hit the Menu key, then select "Diagnostics Test". You'll go to another screen.
  4. On that new screen, hit the Menu key and select "Run". A new screen appears, things moving in it. Wait until on top of the screen the title becomes "Device Diagnostic has Completed!"

Do you see any error conditions, is your signal low?

Please let us know!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8330 Curve

Did you ever get resolution to this issue?  I've had my phone for a little over a week, added one application, one photo and a handful of ringtones, nothing fancy.  Everything's been fine and then this morning, my sand dial pops up and rotates once or twice every two seconds or so, the red arrow in the top right hand corner appears quite a bit.  The phone still works, but everything seems to be moving a little slower and my battery is draining fast.  As it sounds like you know all to well, ANY tips on how to resolve will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Cwork 78,

I would suggest you open a new thread for your problem.

Although it sounds similar in nature, it may not be.

If you open a new thread you will get more visibility from other

users, therefore more resolutions. Be sure to be specific

Regarding Device type OS etc.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

cwork,

no, i have no resolution for this yet. this problem seems to be a recurring theme on a bunch of different support boards i have been looking at. wonder if blackberry is going to make a patch or something for it

let me know if you get a solution

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

i was having the same problem with my phones. i ended returning them over and over again for new ones. i found out that it was the facebook application i had set up on there. are you running that at all? if so, try to delete the app and see if that works for you. as soon as i deleted it everything started working, and i have had no problems in almost a month now.

This sounds a lot like the problem I just started having. My Curve is about a month old. It has worked great until a couple days ago. I checked my email boxes Tuesday morning, everything looked normal. An hour later, I noticed there was no new email. This is very unusual. Found that the browser didn't work either.

I called Verizon and went through all the steps, including removing the battery. Ended up having to do the "wipe" routine and start all over. That was yesterday morning. This morning, I did the same thing - checked my email, then noticed a hour or two later there were no new messages. Found the browser down again. I did the "wipe", then logged into Blackberry Internet Service and resent the service books. Everything is fine again.

I do have the Facebook application installed (the phone came with it already there) but I have never used it. I haven't added any new software or changed anything recently, other than adding one new email account. That shouldn't be the problem.

Anyone found an answer yet?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8330 Curve

Another person suggested the link below to me . . .

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10307&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

but actually suggested the best thing was to return the phone.  I performed as the link instructed yesterday afternoon and, so far, so good since then.  I have another week or two to return the phone without issue, but am nervous that this is just going to happen again.  For those of you that have been dealing with this for a while, should I just head back to Verizon and get a new 8330?  Should I remove Facebook?  If so, does anyone know how to do that? 

Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

You can delete Facebook by going into Options|  | Advanced Options | Applications. Select Facebook in the list of applications, hit the menu button, and choose Delete
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted

thanks t1lvllvly - i had the same problems for ages now and couldnt figure it out- had new devices and everything, it was indeed the facebook app causing the problems.