Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

copying SIM contacts to phone, but making the numbers automatically mobile instead of work numbers

Right now when i copy my SIM contacts to my curve it automatically makes the numbers that i have work numbers and all of them are mobile numbers and i have too many contacts to go through each one and moving all the numbers...any help?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: copying SIM contacts to phone, but making the numbers automatically mobile instead of work numbe

It did the same with mine and my sister's BB too. Also I noticed that it would only copy that one number over as well. Can you load the contacts to outlook, edit them properly and sync them back to your BB?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: copying SIM contacts to phone, but making the numbers automatically mobile instead of work numbers

I have the same issue and this is March 2010.  When my 13 year old daughter calls it says she is calling from WORK. Annoying, Still no solution for this?