Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: smartphone curve 8900
My Carrier: ufone pakistan

could not restore my blackberry messenger contacts after reloading device software

hi.

i hav a curve 8900, with v4.6.1.199 (platform 4.20.102) and the carier provider is ufone pakistan.

i recently reloaded the device software.i have done it after my blackberry screen showed a message
"reload software 552".

now its working properly. the problem is my blackberry messenger contacts are gone.i have added two to three

new contacts, and the chats are goin swiftly as before.that means that the BBM is also workin properly (means no service issue).before reloading the software, i frequently backed up my BBM contacts.but now when i restore them from BBM option,and after selecting the backup file.the same new contacts which i recently added appears. and i tried all backup files.but still no old contact is added to the list .

plz guide,how i am goin to restore my contacts.

regards,

zeeshan abdullah.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: could not restore my blackberry messenger contacts after reloading device software

Hey zzzshan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Try restarting the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone by removing the battery and placing it back in.  Then attempt to restore your BBM™ contacts again.  Have you created any backups using BlackBerry® Desktop Software?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: smartphone curve 8900
My Carrier: ufone pakistan

Re: could not restore my blackberry messenger contacts after reloading device software

hi,
thanx for the reply.
i again reloaded the software but this time os 5.it then gave me an option in the "BBM option" to send an email to retrieve your BBM contacts.i sent an email.n i got all my contacts back.

one more prob.
twitter is not downloadin from app world. its givin a message that "twitter is not supported/ or unavailable for your device, carrier, etc etc.
when on os 4. i hav used it. n it worked widout any prob.
v5.0.0.1036 (bundle 1682, platform 5.2.0.0.104)