Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

couple of questions about the storm

hey fellas!  just got my new bb storm.  i have two questions. 

1.) i accessed my yahoo email through the phone's web browser (email account is not set-up on the phone).  how do i sign out? there is no "sign out" link.  currently my email is permanently signed on whenever i visit yahoo email using the browser.

2.) i have tried to transfer my media files from my old phone (nokia n95) using bluetooth.  after being prompted to enter the 4-digit codes i got a message that says, "unable to connect".  i've tried this several times to no avail.  any idea what's causing the problem?

thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

Re: couple of questions about the storm

A friend of mine had the same issue with his Yahoo account and apparently if you use the zoom on the web browser you can zoom right in and scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a tiny 'log out' link. Let me know how you get on with it.

Bluetooth is a bit funny on Blackberrys you need to select the desination folder before it can recieve any files, For example if you are sending a picture from the N95 to the Storm, on the storm go into media and pictures, select the folder where you want the picture to be saved, eg, device memory or memory card if you have one, press the blackberry button (with main menu button) and select recieve using bluetooth. Then send the file from the N95 and the blackberry will recieve it.

If this does not work then you might need to add the N95 to the blackberrys bluetooth list.

Go to manage connections, set up bluetooth and search for the N95 and add it with a 4 digit security code, 0000 is the easist.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Ilesy : )
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: couple of questions about the storm

Thanks ilesy I had this issue for about three days now. I did what you said and it worked. The sign out is super small no wonder I could not find it.