Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: o2

crashing 9780 bold

Hi could anyone tell me why my bold keeps freezing or going off, the scroll button and back button seem to only work when they feel like it and the caps button (aA) is locked on constantly, if i lock the keypad I cant turn the phone back on at all and the battery only last an hour or two if im lucky enough to have it working that long without going off. I have done a software update via this web page, Ive reset factory settings, deleted every app I had installed and cant think of anything else to try except smashing it at a nearby wall?? could it be a battery problem perhaps which is not giving enough power to the device as it is over a year old maybe?? its driving me crazy any advice would be welcome Smiley Happy

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: crashing 9780 bold

Wow.  That's a lot of issues.  I would do a clean OS reload.  If it doesn't work after that then the device is most likely defective.

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. If you can, do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup.   Then close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug the BlackBerry.  If you don' thave it you can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in the BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

jeez that all sounds really complicated, I'll give your advice to my brother who is very technical minded and see if he can follow it in the morning n get back to you. its doing my head right in lol Im having to make do with a huge house brick wit no camera or games for the time being, I miss my BB Smiley Sad

thank you x

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You think my instructions did your head in? Imagine what your list of problems did to mine!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

hahaha soweee lol im having a go at it now but cant get stooopid fone to even switch on right now. makes me angry I should be sleeping lol.