Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Re: cursor freezes when scrolling through text messages

[ Edited ]

Thanks.

Another note. In my inbox, there's 3 messages from about a month ago where the other day, I could still see the actual text messages, and now the conversation is empty and the envelope is green? it's as if they're draft messages, but they're not because I haven't replied to the person since over a month ago etc!

What does this mean and why has this happened? I'm pretty annoyed that the texts just seem to have vanished without me doing anything!

Bold 9780 on Orange. v6.0.0.294 (Bundle 906, Platform 6.5.0.54)
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

That almost sounds a bit to me like you're running out of memory on your phone, which shouldn't be the case on the Bold 9780.  Can you check how much available memory you have?  You should be able to do so under Options > Status or Options > Memory (or something similar - the options are now different in OS 6).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thanks.

According to this I have Application memory of 230.2mb and free space on my memory card of 1.7GB.

Elite I

Ok, that's not the problem! (Phew, because if that had been the case, I would have been in a bit of shock).  But I still don't know what might be causing the issue (except that it might be OS based).  I'll see if there is anything else I can find and if not, I will likely see if I can get you further assistance.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thank you very much, your help is really appreciated Smiley Happy

Elite I

bel1988, I've requested some additional assistance, so hopefully we'll be able to sort this out soon.

If we can't figure it out, there is one other thing we can try, but I don't want to go there unless its a last resort (It's reloading the OS on the device).

Hopefully I'll have some more info shortly.

New Contributor

Another thing, sorry, I've had the phone since December, but I can only find texts dating back til about the 12th Feb or a few days before, my message validity period is set to max, so why can't I find these early texts? Or have they got lost somehow like the messages in my original opening post?

Sorry for all the questions, I do love this phone but sometimes it's completely mind boggling with the missing messages etc!

My Carrier: o2

Hi

I have this very same problem. It only happens when I get long text messages that don't come through together (I have to wait for the rest of the message to come through). It doesn't do it all the time though, but like bel1988, when I go onto that specific txt, my cursor dissapears and I can't move from that txt with the cursor. I can still use the blackberry button, back buttons and other buttons. The only way I've found to fix the problem is to delete that specific txt.

I got the bold 9780 in February from onestopphoneshop.co.uk. I'm on O2, OS version is: v6.0.0.294. (platform 6.5.0.54)

Memory status is the same as well, 230mb with about 1.6g on a card.

www.theebgbs.co.uk
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same thing again. Just looked through my messages and the ones from February ish; envelope has turned green, go to read them and there's nothing in the chat log at all.

Highly annoying. Nothing of importance lost but it's SO frustrating for this to keep happening!

Edit: This person has the same problem too and has explained it a little better http://www.blog365.co.uk/content/sms_problem_blackberry_bold_9780