Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 8300

curve 8300 calendar view

i just added the internet to my curve and they had me clear everything so they coulde reload it. my son had given me the phone when he got a new one.

on my desktop, it would show me the next 2 events under the calendar name. now it does not show the events, just calendar. i have messed with it for hours now and cannot make my events display. can someone help me? THANKS!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: curve 8300 calendar view

Hi April!

Welcome to the forums!

Lets try this go to Options - Themes - and pick TODAY

I don't know what theme you are running so I don't know what the options icon looks like. Either a control panel or a wrench.

Let me know if it works!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

thanks, it did help.  but all my calendar events i had are all gone, i am going to have to re-enter them all since i did not load them on my laptop.  why should my adding the internet to my cell affect my calendar events?   

also if my icons have 'shop' in the name, do you automatically buy it by opening it up?  i clicked on shop music id and it said thank you for purchasing music id....i just wanted to look not buy.  can you explain it to me.  i appreciate all the help since i'm new to the cell internet. thanks! april    

Guru I

[ Edited ]

In your initial message you said "they cleared everything". It may be they completed wiped (erased) your device and then loaded the operating system with internet access included. They should have made a backup of all your data so you could replace it.

Talk to the people who cleared/loaded your device and ask them for the backup. If they don't have it, you'll have to  re-enter everything, Sorry!

I have never had any "shop" icons so I can't speak to that. I'm sure someone on the forum can address that.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-03-2008 03:17 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

the att online chat person did my wipe out, i'll check tomorrow. they don't chat on sundays. i'm pretty sure i have to

re-enter it.

what is the 'tags' at the bottom for?

thanks!  

Guru I

Hi April,

If you go to your profiles, The information boxes have ?  by them and will define what it is. This is the reply from clicking

on TABS:

"Allows users to apply tags (searchable keywords) to messages, blog articles, and blog comments."
Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Contributor

ok, i found the ? under profiles, thanks