Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

curve 8520 not turning on with flashing red light?

[ Edited ]

Ok; I just bought a this phone about 2 months ago, I bought an app and it said to apply this update(s) you must reboot now; So I rebooted my phone and Now it won't turn on, Every now and again the little red light will flash 3 times.

I've looked through the forums and google this many of times; and all these methords have failed.

1.leave you phone on charge for 2-3 hours then try to reboot the device. - failed, I left it on charge over night

2. take the battery out for 20 mins then put it back in. - failed, took the battery out for 5 hours; still nothing

3. connect the device to your pc (make sure you have blackberry desktop manager), click start and then hit run.

type this code in exacly as seen "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm this show open up blackberry loader wizard, click next and in the drop down menu, click unpinned device... - failed., I opened up the blackberry loader wizard clicked next and in the drop downbar there was no devices at all.

Is there anyother ways of bringing my blackberry back to life?

" days with no phone now; this is a pain in the backside due to me needing it for work and I don't get paid until friday for me to go out and buy a cheapy £10 phone.

Many thanks in advance;

Lewis Herbert

(blackberry curve 8520; vodafone; UK)

UPDATE: Ok I have got my phone working; I will tell you this stupidly crazy way i got it working, maybe it was just luck or maybe its an fix Smiley Frustrated.

FIX: So firefox stopped responding and froze my whole pc. I got a bit annyoed so I took my sim card and my sd card out and left it by my battery; I turned my pc off at my wall and quickly turned it back on. As a pc geek myself I know when A system is quickly turned off the motherboard Use anywaypossible to get rid of the electric left on/in my pc. So by my guesses It shot it out through my usb into my phone which woke it up or re-activated my dead battery. once I noticed my red LED light was on I shiftly put my sim card in and slammed the battery in. The phone booted up and is now working.

I know this sounds outrageus, But this is How It worked for me. I shared this just incase It might work for someone else.

Many thanks; Lewis herbert.