Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: orange

curve 8520 software update problems

i have a curve 8520,i just tried to update to version 6 but it didnt work it failed to install i previously had version 5 ,now i cant find my bb icon ,ive tried to hard and soft reset and to download it again but nothing works ,also looked in case the icon had become hidden but its not can anyone please help .i followed the advice on if this happens from blackberry website yet stil no luck

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: curve 8520 software update problems

First, you can't update the 8520 to OS6 as it is not available for the 8520.

Second, what BB icon are you referring to?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

im refering to the messenger icon ,its just dissapeared ive looked all through the phone on downloads etc but its nowhere ive done everything the website tells me to but its just not their and i dont know what to do ,i didnt know i couldnt get the 6 version on my phone any ideas on what to do please

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Oh, BBM icon is missing. I would go into Appworld and delete the app, reboot and reinstall it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

i would but the app world icon is missing also ive tried to download it again but its not working when i try to install it its saying an older version is on my phone already do i want to upgrade so thts what i do but its still not on my phone the icon that is

Guru II

Go to Options >Applications (might be >Advanced Options >Applications) and delete both Appworld and BBM.

Then go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and re-download appworld from there. Then download BBM again.

ok ill try that to see if it works

ive just tried and went on options then i tried applications and it said no applications i typed both bbm messenger and appworld and nothing found i then tried  advanced options and a long list such as maps browser etc came up so what do i do as their was nothing about deleting apps etc off

Guru II

Under Advanced Options >Applications open that long list again. Highlight the app, hit the menu key and select "delete." If that doesn't work, click on the application and then delete.