Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

data usage

Hi, I am in a vodacom network nd using bis, hw do I fins out downloads are chargable. My bill keeps on going up.
I had a knwowledge that BIS is free internet on my BB.9380
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: data usage

[ Edited ]

Hello tnsingwane,

Welcome to the forums. 

Some service providers offer data packages that include a specific amount of data and others charge per kilobyte. For specific information about your data plan it is best  to contact your wireless service provider. 

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Cell C

I have a Blackberry Curve 9300 on a Cell C Contract that gives me Free Unlimited Data

I am Due for an Upgarde & I was looking at  Samsung Contract that gives 100MB of data Free
I needed to find out if I use more than 100MB Data a month to see if this would be a good option

I called Cell C numerous times & they said they cant tell me how much data I use bec my data is Free

I went onto - Option , Status , Buyr and it said 
Data Usage Exceeded 10485764K
For what Period is this ?
It said Exceeded - so how much more than the 1048576 would it be ?

How can I find out how much Data I use Per Month on Average ???
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

When it comes to questions about data usage and which data packages are best to purchase, contacting your carrier is always the best option because they know their packages better than we do.

Keep in mind when considering a competing brand of smartphone that your BlackBerry uses data compression while the other brands do not.  To explain how important this is, for years I've owned BlackBerry phones that used the data compression and I NEVER went over my data limit.  I now use the BlackBerry Z10 which does NOT use data compression and I went over my limit the first month I owned it.  It looks like I'll be going over my limit each month so that shows you how important this feature is.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.