Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: MTN

delete original email used in BB id

Hi All,

new at this, so forgive any mistakes, my problem  / question is hopefully a simple one,

how does one delete the original email used when first registrering your BB id, you see, I got a new

phone which was had some serious internal problems, Service provider then replaced it wirth a new handset

and when I tried to setup my BB id again on the new unit, it kept oin saying that the email address was already in use,

so i had to use an alternative, but I would like to use my original email on my phone, anyone able to help

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: delete original email used in BB id

When you tried to set up the new phone it sounds like you were trying to create another BBID instead of just logging in with the old.

If you want to log in with a different BBID you will need to make a backup of the device using Desktop Manager and then do a Security Wipe. Once you wipe the device you can log in with the original BBID and then restore the backup file you made.

Here is a KB that explains:

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!