Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Syle 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

deleting and changing email

My Blackberry Style will not let me delete or change the default email. How can I change the email address?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: deleting and changing email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please clarify exactly what you desire to change:

1) The "default" email account used when composing new email
2) The email account to which your BB ID is associated
3) The email accounts integrated to your BB
4) Something else?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The phone was my daughters', but now I am using it. However, when I try to change the default email to my email address, I cannot find a way to either delete hers or just add mine.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm sorry, but that does not really clarify which of the 4 possible items I asked you about...I still cannot tell, but given what you did add, this KB likely applies:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully my guess is accurate.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry - not very tech savvy. The phone has always been in our name. Now she has her own and is paying for it herself. I tried just adding my email and then making it the default email, but I cannot add an email address.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

What, exactly, happens when you try? Any error messages? Something else. Please help me to understand...I cannot see your device, and so have only your words to guide me, and I fear my guesses are totally wrong...

Plus...I still strongly recommend that you consider the KB I linked for you above. Technically, this is a change of ownership situation, in which case the steps in that KB should be performed to make sure that there is no residual of her use of the BB carrying over to your use.

Good luck!