Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: mts

deleting bbm contact

hello,

i am trying to delete several contacts from my messenger.the reason is i have incorrect info and need to delete them so i can readd later.i am using a bb torch and am unfamiliar how to delete contact from it,i had a curve previously.please help

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: deleting bbm contact

sondra99999 wrote:

hello,

i am trying to delete several contacts from my messenger.the reason is i have incorrect info and need to delete them so i can readd later.i am using a bb torch and am unfamiliar how to delete contact from it,i had a curve previously.please help

From BlackBerry 101:

Creating Contact Lists

Your contact list displays your individual contacts and contact groups. A contact is an individual BlackBerry Messenger user. You must request contacts to install BlackBerry Messenger on their BlackBerry before you can exchange instant messages with them. Requests contain a link towww.BlackBerry.com/messenger where you can download the program and find out more information about it.

You can send requests to contacts by e-mail or PIN (personal identification number). To find your PIN click on the ‘Options’ icon. Scroll down the menu to Status. Click the Wheel and you will see the PIN listed on this page.

To add a contact, go to the Messenger icon and open Messenger. Click on ‘Contacts.’ From the resulting menu, click on ‘Add a Contact.’ Click ‘Use Once’. You can then ask this contact if they wish to be a contact on your list. Click ‘Request by Email’ or ‘PIN’ and then type either the address or PIN. Press the ‘Enter’ key. To add a message. Click ‘OK.’

If you request a contact by PIN and they are listed in your address book their contact name appears as their ascribed name, not their PIN number.
To remove someone from your contact list, just click the contact on the Contact List screen. Click ‘Delete Contact’ from the menu. Click ‘Delete.’ If you wish to see a contact’s information, click the contact on the Contact List screen and then select Click ‘Contact Info.’

You can use groups to sort your contacts. The default group is Contacts. To add a group to your contact list, click the Track Wheel on the Contact List screen. Click ‘Add Group.’ Type a name. Click ‘OK.’

To move contacts from one group to another, click the contact on the Contact List screen. Click ‘Move.’ Select a group. To remove a group, click a group name on the Contact List screen. Click ‘Delete Group.’ Click ‘Delete.’

Hope this helps.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
My Device: non bb user
My Carrier: rogers

Re: deleting bbm contact

Hello,

I have tried to delete a contact and nothing in this forum works.   If I hold down on the name the delete function is not availble.   I tried taking out the battery.  I tried reinstalling.   NOthing works.    Please help....