Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

deleting built in apps

is there a way to delete apps (icons) such as the " shop " apps/icons placed I assume by AT&T. I have a 8110.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: deleting built in apps

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Application -> select youe desired apps -> click Menu and select Delete to delete the applications.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I did that but this apps are not listed. They show as icons - shop themes, shop tones etc. I do not use them are wish to delete them
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330 RBU21CW
My Carrier: Sprint

i want to do the same thing I have an 8330 and there are apps I will never use... can't delete in options. can anyone help?

Thanks Shari

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

If it is not listed in Options > Advanced Options > Applications (or Options > Applications in some OS levels), then it's not an installed app. Sometimes, carriers push out "teaser" icons that are a shortcut to installing something...but they aren't an installed app. It must be reflected in the Options application list to be a truly installed app.

What I do is keep a folder on my Homescreen called "Spare Icons"...I put all of the icons I don't want to bother with in there. You can also hide icons that you don't want to see -- and that can include those shortcut icons.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................