Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

desk top software

I am brand new to blackberry.  When I tried to load the "blackberry user tools" from the CD it failed to load.  I got a message in Russian and it stuck there.  I went to the blackberry web site and downloaded the current version of desktop software with media in english.  I haven't installed it yet.  Am I OK, or am I missing something?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: desk top software

You should be good to go. If you still get errors try performing a clean uninstall of the dekstop software
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

jmrmb80,

I installed the desk top soft ware.  When I ran the medial manager, last night, it caused my PC to crash.  I had to enter the 25 character key from the PC label and reregister windows before it would boot-up.  That has never happened to me before.  

Yesterday, when I first tried to use BlackBerry User Tools CD, it came up in Russian.  I selected English from a drop-down menu. The installation began.  Just before it finished, a window popped up in Russian, one word, the window could be moved but that was all.  I couldn't remove it for minimize it.

Do think the reason for "Russian" is because of some setting in my windows?  I have looked and can't find any place that it is selected?

Enough about that.  By "clean uninstall" I assume you mean using the "Control Panel" Uninstall feature, is that correct?  If I do an uninstall of the desktop software, what should my next step be?  I would like to get this software for my new phone?

Thank you for replying to my question.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Hmm, not sure about the Russian either. In my previous post, just click the link. It was take you to a BlackBerry KB article that shows how to perform a clean uninstall
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thanks,  for your help.