Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

desktop manager doestnt recognise new OS

I downloaded new device OS for 8520 into my PC but the desktop manager doesn't inform me of the new OS.does this 7.1 version recognise new device OS after being downloade into PC? Help me guys
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: desktop manager doestnt recognise new OS

BlackBerry Desktop Software will recognize an OS that is released by your carrier.  If you downloaded it from another carrier and did not delete the "vendor .xml" file, it will see that it's not from your carrier and will not show it as available. If you did download it from another carrier, look in these forums for instructions on how to load an OS to your phone and you will be shown how to properly delete that file, which can be found in more than one location.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks for your comment.I updated my OS without using manager.I deleted the vendor file but the manager didn't recognise it though howvever I just updated using loader.
Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to upgrade os by using loader. Please explain the whole procedure

Thank you