Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: rogers

desktop manager won't recognize my 8700v!!!

hi
i have a bb 8700v which I never backed up on my MAC.
now i just bought a new bold 9780, which came with the installation cd.
i installed the Desktop manager version 2.0, then connected my old 8700 so i could back it up and then i wanted to connect my new 9780 and transfer the data.
so after installing the desktop manager, i plugged in my 8700, but the manager wouldn't recognize it. so i installed an older version of the desktop manager (1.0) but that didn't work either.
can somebody help me here please?!
thanks!!
Corrado

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: desktop manager won't recognize my 8700v!!!

KB24664Switching to a new BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0 for Mac

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: rogers

thanks for the tip, unfortunately though I get stuck at step no. 3 ON THE DEVICE CLICK SWITCH DEVICE... i do not have such button/icon in the Menu of my 8700!!!

please help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I've asked the MODS to move this to the MAC forum...use of the MAC software is, well, special...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-for-Mac/bd-p/blackberryformac

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: DTAC

did you ever get it to work ?