Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

desktop manager wont sync contacts

I have a storm 2 and have been syncing my calendar and contacts (from PC to Storm 2) using blackberry desktop manager (Not on BES) without any problems until yesterday.  Without paying attention my syncing came up with an error.  I disconnected my phone and my contacts on my storm 2 only had 1 name - 329 times (the number of contacts I had on my phone).  I tried to resync,   and the calendar will sync, but for contacts it is greyed out and says no address book.  Any ideas on how I can get this back to normal?  I have tried to unistall desktop manager and reinstall, but it seems it is a problem on my phone.  Any ideas would help. 

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550

Re: desktop manager wont sync contacts

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure out a solution?

Verizon
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550

Re: desktop manager wont sync contacts

I finally gave up and did a security wipe on emails, contacts, etc. After the phone reset, I was able to re-sync with my Outlook contacts using the Desktop Software.

Now I'm having a problem syncing ALL of my contacts. I have 1698 contacts in Outlook, but it is only syncing 861. I keep getting synchronization error: "An error has occured during an attempt to access a file on the computer". I have tried closing out my Outlook, rebooting my computer, and even deleted the contacts and started over, but I keep getting the same message.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Verizon