Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: cell phone skins

desktop software pc

I'm looking to buy a new PC, preferably something that can handle new video games with ease. The thing that I am particularly interested in is finding a vendor that doesn't load up the PC with extra software that I don't need. I'm pretty good with computers and can find the software I need on my own. Also, is there a specific time I should wait for to buy find a deal on a new PC or is any time of year good?

Regular Contributor
My Device: LEAP
My Carrier: ATT

Re: desktop software pc

There are several vendors (most can be reached online) who will build a computer, pretty much to your specs, and will not load up a lot of software bloat.  if you are into gaming, you might want to specify a video card, etc.

However, this tends to be pricey.  It would be cheaper to buy a computer in a big box store and then just spend a rainy morning deleting all the bloat software you don't want.

often prices go down a bit when folks buy computers for school, so late august might be a good time to buy, but I personally think it doesn't matter that much

~B
New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: cell phone skins

I'm looking to buy a new PC, preferably something that can handle new video games with ease. The thing that I am particularly interested in is finding a vendor that doesn't load up the PC with extra software that I don't need. I'm pretty good with computers and can find the software I need on my own. Also, is there a specific time I should wait for to buy find a deal on a new PC or is any time of year good?

cell phone skins

Highlighted
My Device: Black Berry 9850
My Carrier: AT&T

I think brkingsley is right, this tends to be pricey.  It would be cheaper to buy a computer in a big box store and then just spend a rainy morning deleting all the bloat software you don't want.often prices go down a bit when folks buy computers for school, so late august might be a good time to buy, but I personally think it doesn't matter that much in this case.