Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8521
My Carrier: vodafone

desktop software wiped my password

I upgraded to desktop software version 6 and when it asked me for my password it won't accept it!!!!

I've tried 7 times and now worried I'm going to loose data.

I had password set that you couldn't see the numbers but now its changed so you can...... its all gone a bit weird on me!

Can anyone suggest what to do about this as I can't use my phone!!!!

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: desktop software wiped my password

Is it just when you enter the password in Desktop Manager when you have your phone connected you have problems, or do you also have problems entering the password on the phone itself?

Do you have caps lock/num lock enabled by mistake when you try and enter the password on your computer?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: desktop software wiped my password

badinfluences -- if you can successfully enter your device lock password via your BB keyboard, then do so immediately. The counter for password attempts is the same regardless of input method, so entering it successfully will reset it to zero failures and allow you to properly diagnose what is going on. But...be very careful...if you are not successful and exhaust your attempts, your BB will wipe clean all of your data and your only recourse will be restoring from your most recent backup (or re-synchronizing if you are keeping your data "mastered" in a desktop PIM).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................