Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

device monitor

While checking the battery performance on my z30 I noticed that in the device monitor it shows how much data was uploaded / downloaded and at what time during the day. I was shocked to see that 32Mb were UPLOADED over wifi today. I know that I sent 4 pictures with a total of data of 80 kbs. Very curious what info my phone is uploading and why. I did sign up for BlackBerry to monitor my device for bugs and performance but 32 Megs in a day seems excessive. Any ideas?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: device monitor

There is no way for us to know what data your device is sending and receiving. It could depend on on BBM use, email use, and much more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Is there a program that could tell me which apps are uploading info to the net? I guess I'm just curious because of all the talk of NSA monitoring I want to make sure none of my personal data is being sent without my knowledge...
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There may be, though I'm not familiar with any. I would be very surprised if any of the data being uploaded had anything to do with NSA. Even if it is, do you think there is anything you could do about it?

What kind of email accounts do you have set up? Do you have a Exchange account set up? Those, in connection with the Enterprise Active Sync server are known to use lots of data.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I use a Gmail account. I don't know what exchange is. I suppose your right there is nothing I can do about it, but I'm always curious how my data is being used. Thanks for the help