Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

device won't connect to pc! HELP ME!

Ok, so I think I'm running out of options here. I've installed and reinstalled the software 3-4 times now, tried connecting through all different USB on my laptop, disabled firewall, turned off anti-virus, and still.....NOTHING. i keep getting the pop up "device not detected" wtf. someone help me Smiley Sad
Contributor

Re: device won't connect to pc! HELP ME!

[ Edited ]
try to re-connect then right-click on my computer then properties>hardware>device manager and see if you have any yellow exclamation marks under "universal serial bus controller" (toward bottom of list). that will tell you if its a pc issue. Have you tried any other devices on those usb ports(like portable hdd or webcam)? just so we know the ports are active.What operating system are you using? You might also try to leave connected then restart laptop and see if it will detect.
Message Edited by johnnygreek on 06-13-2008 10:48 AM
Message Edited by johnnygreek on 06-13-2008 10:48 AM

Check you've got the media card enabled for mass media device in options......  app menu  -- options - mediacard

Just fixed that for one of my users at work, hopefully yours is the same issue.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

I am having the same problem.  My phone connected just fine in the past and now it isn't connecting and I get the same message.  My Husband has the same phone and his connects just fine!!! It is frustrating.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

My Device: Blackberry curve 8520

My blackberry curve 8520 won't connect to my laptop ? It charges, but then nothing on screen comes up and my laptop says there aren't any removable devices :/ I want to put new music on my phone and put some pictures on the laptop. Help ?

My Device: 8520

Lool i have the same phone an exact same problem please can you help coz i really want to add some music and stuff to my phone frum my computer!!!!!!!!!!!

My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Me

Mine had the same problem but i connected it then the time should come up on the blackberry screen- then click the back aarow and it should say " do you want to turn on mass storage mode and click yes- it should connect hope i helped Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: unlocked using with tesco moblie

mine does that comes up with the clock that its charging i go back to main screen and there nothing there no option to use it as a mass storage device ive had enought know tried everything