Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

difficulty syncing contacts from my new 8830 to microsoft outlook..... please help

A lady in my office just got a new 8830 and is trying to sync it to her microsoft outlook.  I have done this process a bunch of times but am running into a new problem.  I have a new storm and was able to sync no problem to my computer so I'm not sure what to do.

What's happening is when I configure the sync to her outlook it asks a series of questions, such as, which program to sync from (outlook), which way I want to sync the info (two way sync).  When I complete this process and begin syncing it runs through the progressions, like it does everytime on mine, and tells me it is complete.  I can even see it running through all her contacts, but when I open outlook none of the contacts are there?

Please help....I'm going nuts....

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: difficulty syncing contacts from my new 8830 to microsoft outlook..... please help

What's happening is when I configure the sync to her outlook it asks a series of questions, such as, which program to sync from (outlook), which way I want to sync the info (two way sync).  When I complete this process and begin syncing it runs through the progressions, like it does everytime on mine, and tells me it is complete.  I can even see it running through all her contacts, but when I open outlook none of the contacts are there?

You can go to the advanced options in synch options, and makes the changes in each entrie ( task, Calendar, Contacts, etc) , after this click sync now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: difficulty syncing contacts from my new 8830 to microsoft outlook..... please help

I have done that as well.  I go into advanced settings click and mark all appropriate setting, but it still does not transfer the data from the phone to her microsoft outlook.

I was reading the post and read that some users were downloading older versions of the blackberry manager.  I tried downloading version 4.2.2.14 but that got me know where.