Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: disable the touchscreen on my Blackberry Bold 9900

(Just seeing this now.)

It happens because the Blackberry, in my hip holster, will hit a combination of buttons as I move around slightly in the driver's seat. Next thing I know, it's made a call... If it remembered it was in the holster and stayed locked so long as it was so, that would have been a better move.

As it is, all I can do now is watch as all attention goes to their efforts for the BB10 devices, and the poor 9900 series gets overlooked by developers and support as the 'Black Sheep' of the family.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am having same problems my ear putting call on hold and dialling another. I knew it was a touch screen and my iPhone doesn't do this so it really is a BB issue. It is happening on a third of my calls and driving me demented I would happily pay to sort the issue
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: vodacom

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Joningall.  Your response is singularly unhelpful - its not the arrogance that gets to me its the fact that you fail to acknowledge that Blackberry have produced an absolutely **bleep** phone that does not function effectively on the basics - like for making a call and finishing it without interruption.  You seem to be amazed that a consumer can buy a dual touchscreen / keypad phone when they did not really want the touchscreen function.  I don't mind having the extra touchscreen function but it HAS TO WORK! 

If my call gets cut off or put on speaker or on mute merely through the act of lifting the receiver to my ear - then its the product that is **bleep** - not my shopping ability.  Phones in my country are generally sold through mail-order or online.  There is no option to use a handset for a few days to see how it operates.  One simply believes that the phone will do what it claims to - and you trust the brand.  I guess trusting Blackberry was a mistake

So please stop being an apologist for Blackberry.  This phone is badly designed and clearly never went through even the most rudimentary product testing.

If on the other hand, you can refer us to an App which can sort this out - and specifically one that can disable the touch screen function, then you would be doing us all a huge favour.

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dotfeast, I'm not sure who you are wishing to control or censor here by telling one what they can or cannot post, but if you actually read this thread, I don't think I've yet apologized at all for BlackBerry.

Take care.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Is this problem fixed yet?

Is there an app you can install that will basically overlay the entire device UI and take over the touchscreen and send all touches to the bitbucket?

or is there a schematic that allows one to open up a BB9900 and cut a lead to the touchscreen sensor and disable it.

I could do a booming business on disabling Bold 9900 touchscreens: I should buy up entire lots of BB9900 devices, disable the touchscreens, and I could probably sell them at 100% markup.

With the advent of the Q20, has BlackBerry stated whether or not it will be possible to disable the touchscreen?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Would fill a niche market for a short time, but with most of the industry having already written Blackberry off as an 'also ran', it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. The touchscreen issue doesn't happen to me that often, but is annoying when it does.

My Device: 9930 verizon
My Carrier: varizon

Ok there is a way to take this or make this non touch I don't think any one has tried I have and it works .u do. Have to open ur BB and on the center were it says black berry on ur phones digitizecer u have to make a small cut on the two ends of the ribbon where the signal is passed to the mother board so yes u can I have one like that just two show that u can make it