Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

display gets dark during call

Hi!

I need help with my new blackberry bold 9900: on any call, the display dims down within some seconds, all keys and the touch screen are disabled except the "end call" key. I need the "mute" and "loudspeaker" functions which are usually displayed on the screen during a call, So they are displayed on mine, but they are disfunctional and vanish when the display dims dark.

Even if I put the blackberry on the desktop and keep 0.5m distance from it, it dims to dark screen within 2 seconds after pressing the "call" key, and even an immediate press on the "loudspeaker" icon in the left bottom corner of the touchscreen within these 2 seconds is ignored.

Forum entries I found explained that that is a feature of the proximity sensor. However, I can not stop it. I carefully examined the configuration menus, but did not find anything helpful.

Any idea?

best regards

Robert

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: display gets dark during call

The display going dark on a call is a function of the proximity sensor. This is so that you don't press any buttons on the screen by accident during a call. However, if you place it on a desk as you mention, the display should activate. Do have a screen protector on the screen? That's the only thing I can think of...perhaps something is blocking the sensor, fooling it into thinking it should turn the screen off during the call.