Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: does bold display chinese?

it said does not need update..

i already install the package and desktop manage..

YM
Contributor

I also already had the desktop manager but what you download is another version of that same desktop manager.

This version includes chinese read/input stuff so after you have launched the NEW desktop manager and try from there to install/update you'll have a new (different) list of things including chinese capabilities).

YM

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

@ YM:  I'm now using Roger's BB Bold and I also do not have Chinese on my Bold... do you mean that we can download the HKG version of the BB Desktop Manager and it should have options to install Chinese language into the Bold?  Would we need to uninstall the original BB Desktop Manager before we install the HKG version?  Please advise, thanks.

YM
Contributor

Yes, with the CSL East-Asia version you have local options for chinese reading and inputting.

I did not uninstall the original Desktop Manager so I'd say that's not necessary.

YM

Contributor

Where do I find those options? Which part of the Main Menu is it? I installed the BB Desktop MGR but I couldn't find the language options..  Do I have to uninstall the original (Non-asian) BB Desktop MGR before installing the Asian version BB Desktop MGR?
Highlighted
YM
Contributor

It's in the "Application Loader".

As I said I don't think unistalling your original version of Desktop Manager is necessary, or at least I haven't done it, thou of course you have to make sure you are launching the new version instead of the old one !

YM

Contributor

So.. I tried uninstalling the current desktop manager and installed the one that support east asian language... somehow the installation is stuck... it kept on prompting me to fill in a selection that's unavailable... can anybody tell me what this prompt is for and why there's no selection? 

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=93426365zp6.jpg

New Contributor

i already install the package. after u install the package in ur computer. then u shoud delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader    Vendor.xml  . then u can use the desktop manage to updata.

Contributor

I noticed that this solution only for traditional chinese, anybody know how to install simplified chinese to the BB Bold?
Contributor

oh.. nevermind... the simplifed Chinese is in it.. it works fine.. thanks everybody..