Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

down load adobe flash player

can i down load adobe flash player for my blackberry curve or another type of flash player to view videos from web sites
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: down load adobe flash player

hello,

Flash is not available on Blackberry browser. You can view Youtube movies and Dailymotion movies if your Handheld Software OS is 4.5 or above ; most people still have 4.2.2.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

[ Edited ]

I was messing around with my blackberry to set it up (I didn't touch anything that I didn't understand what it did) and I noticed something called "Browser Identification" under the browser options and I clicked the dropdown menu because it said "Blackberry" without the quotation marks, And it showed

Blackberry

Internet Explorer

Firefox

So I was wondering, if i changed my browser identification to firefox or internet explorer would I be able to download adobe shockwave player?

Thanks,

Abombapoc.

New Edit: After I was done editing it I noticed someone replied, Thanks for your help Kijaniv

Edit: Just so you know I found this under google trying to found out if i could, But I didn't know it was under a blackberry curve forum,

I have a blackberry storm but I was still wondering if I'm still wondering if i can still do it.

Message Edited by abombapoc on 08-18-2009 10:56 PM
Message Edited by abombapoc on 08-18-2009 10:57 PM
Message Edited by abombapoc on 08-18-2009 10:58 PM
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

[ Edited ]

From my understanding, the browser identification allows the site to be formatted for optimal viewing in the particular browser being "identified". Flash player is not supported on blackberries as stated by Xandrex and neither will shockwave player, so downloading it onto the blackberry won't achieve any purpose. You can't install it!

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Message Edited by kijanasmart on 08-18-2009 10:56 PM
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

as mentioned, no form of flash is supported on a BB, no matter which model or software version

certain website create a mobile friendly versions for people viewing from their BBs or other mobiles. less graphics and colors, shaped and sized the right way. when you use the "blackberry" emulation. this means the website you are viewing sees the BB and automatically assumes you want the mobile friendly version and loads it(if there is one)

however some sites like banking sites will not work with this browser

so if you switch to IE or FF emulation, you trick the site into thinking you are using IE or FF, which then the banking site allows you to log in.

youtube has a nonflash mobile site too. http://m.youtube.com

you will find alot of mobile friendly sites start with m.

Guru I

hello,

you can have (very) partial support of Adobe Flash if you use one of the two third party applications :

Opera Mini 4
BOLT browser.
(and one day the Skyfire browser too)

both are free, just give it a try.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor

While RIM hasn’t implemented it yet, we can say with some certainty (http://www.blackberrycool.com/2007/06/11/004805) that Flash support is coming through the pipes for BlackBerrys. Rumor has it that iPhone won’t be carrying Flash support any time soon, though. A lot of you have probably seen the commercials by now with the iPhone touting the “real” internet. I don’t know what internet you guys are on, but mine has Flash and a lot of it. Sure, BlackBerry doesn’t have it right now, but I would rather keep my mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt; RIM hasn’t been bragging about bringing Flash to the table, but might have it coming anyway, while Apple’s been harping on something they don’t really have yet."

It seems that you'll just have to wait Smiley Sad.

socialberry.gif

Guru I

Apple has been working for months with Adobe for the Flash lite support. I don't know when it will be available. The strength of the iPhone is that web developers are willing to code an additional website with dynamic features just for the iPhone. Meaning : a popular website with a lot of Flash inside, will have a special iPhone version with nearly the same features.

RIM has been working for months with Adobe for the Flash lite support too, but they do not talk about it as much as Apple does. I guess RIM also has to enhance (a lot lot) the current BlackBerry browser, which is a good one but really behind Apple's Safari browser for iPhone.

Regular Contributor

I also have problems with sites that require flash and i was also once adviced to download one of the free browsers.
My Blackberry keeps blue screening on me.
Guru I

@sibusisom what does your signature mean ?