Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

download desktop software 7

helo

I previously had the blackberry software 5 on my pc i removed it, but now i am trying to download the new software and it keeps on saying the file could not be downloaded.

what should i do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: download desktop software 7

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Is there anything more to that error message? From those words, I can't really deduce anything. Further, be sure you are using the official download portal:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I have been on the official download portal http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html , selected the blue tab that says download for pc, followed the prompts on the software download page, i selected yes to receive info from RIM/blackberry and filled in the details. thereafter i selected the download, it then loads and returns back to the Software Download page. Nothing happens after that, no option to run or save the program.

I would like to know how to get it to download please.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I don't know what browser you are using, nor what other things about your computer might be affecting this (e.g., virus protection, download blockers, etc.). You should investigate carefully all of those things about your computer to ensure that nothing is preventing this. Also be sure to try other downloads as a comparison basis (e.g., to rule out the BlackBerry site as causal). You might try these sites to see if you can download something close (but perhaps not quite) to the current version from them:

I can tell you that I just now again downloaded that file with no problems...so my guess is that it's something about your computer or your network connection that is blocking this download from automatically starting.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

hi there

how do i check on my laptop what is blocking the software from downloading?

i do have kapersky antivirus on my laptop.

your help would really be apprectiated.

thanks

Hall of Famer III

Sorry, I don't know that virus protection software...but most have inside of them some setting to turn them off, at least temporarily. What you now require is PC support, not BlackBerry support.

Good luck!