Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

downloading videos

I need help trying to put videos on to my Curve.  I know I can watch videos on it, but I am not sure how to do it.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: downloading videos

What I've been doing is throwing my videos on to a MicroSD and letting it play from there - haven't tried uploading it from device manager straight to the device memory, but videos would consume alot of the onboard memory anyway, not in your best interest.

The Javelin is able to read .mp4 video formats, but not your usual .avi or .swf for instance.

What you'll need to do in that case if convert your avi's or swf's into a readable .mp4

Unfortunetly I haven't found a converter made to fit the size and resolution of the Javelin, but what I -have- been doing is using videos converted for my iPod using Videora by Red Kawa.

I'll admit it doesn't do the high res of the Javelin/Bold justice, but gets the job done for a quick fix.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: javelin

If you have a version of BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or earlier, download and install BlackBerry Desktop Software the Roxio® Media Manager for BlackBerry® smartphones option. Using the Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones, you can automatically convert transferred files for optimal playback. The advanced conversion feature is used to convert files to MP4 or leave filenames unchanged.

Some files can't be converted using the Desktop Manager, you may need to look for a convertor to MP4.

If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

To my knowledge the 8900 supports almost all types of video.  I know for a fact that it does support avi and also divX and Xvid.  Just drad and drop your video files from your desktop to the video folder when connected via USB.

First post :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor

does the curve 8900 playe wave (wve) files?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Here's the KB that discusses compatible media formats for BB's:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05482&sliceId=1&docTy...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Visitor

can someone help please? when i download video from real player straight to memory card on my 8900 it goes to music and plays only the audio