Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

duplicate appointments and problems synching calendar

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Blackberry Curve with v4.2.2.180 software.  I don't use Enterprise Server. 

When I synch my BB with Outlook, it has started to do a few odd things.  First, it wants to delete items from my Outlook.  Second, it changed the title of a recurring appointment for no apparent reasons.  I have for the purposes of fixing things tried to set the configuration so it only records deletes or moves on the BB and set the Advance configuration so that conflicts are always resolved in favor of Outlook, but when I synch, it still wants to delete 22 items from my Outlook calendar and add a bunch of others.

How can I get it to properly synch?

Should I erase the calendar on the BB and then start from Outlook?  How do I do that?

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: duplicate appointments and problems synching calendar

>Should I erase the calendar on the BB and then start from Outlook?  How do I do that?

Todo this, you want to use Desktop manager

Backup/Restore

Advanced

Click on Calendar on RHS.

Under the  RHS screen, click Clear.

Now do a Synchronisation and the calendar on the Outlook will be sent to the BB.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

Thanks, this worked perfectly.
New Contributor

I do not know how to reach you but joined just to say thank you!!! kind of you to help and do so in such a precise manner.  special thanks!   

will this work if I synch the same BB on a dif laptop w/o first changing configs on the desktop mangr ?  Basically I run a back up laptop that I like to mirror my main laptop.-- when I synch bb w/ laptop #2 is gets all messed up then it messes up the laptop #1-

I used your coaching to resolve the mess in laptop #1 now what will happen in 2-- In addition, I had set Laptop 1 to state Outlook always wins and laptop 2 to say BB always wins but that did not work on laptop 2 I got the dups and then it contaminated #1-- now again, thanks to you #1 is ok but what should i do when I synch to #2?

Thansk in advance!!!  M33climb

Contributor

I have having a problem syncing my calendar also.  I sync to my yahoo calendar.  For example, if I enter a birthday and choose it as an all-day event and then sync it to yahoo, it shows up on my bb as 12:00am, no longer an all day event.  Anyway to fix this problem?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

aimstergal -- since your query is on a separate topic and since this thread is already marked as solved, you really should open a new thread for your specific problem so that those who can help you are better able to find you.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

Straight to the point, very useful advice, many thanks

New Contributor

I did this and it did get rid of the duplicates (which seemed to be related to different calendars), but now every time it syncs, it wants to add all 400 records!  It does not create duplicates,but how can I stop this?

Jason

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: duplicate appointments and problems syncing calendar

For those with issues between Yahoo Calendar's and Blackberry Calendar's All Day Events, be sure to use the advanced setting in Desktop Manager synchronization.  Map all fields so that they match as precisely as possible.  This will eliminate the issue with items showing as 12:00 - 12:00 in your Blackberry calendar, when you want them to be untimed, all day events.  The issue is caused by having an alarm trigger, where the fields in the device are not mapped exactly to those in Yahoo.

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

What's RHS?