Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Mobinil

Re: duplicate contacts, unable to delete duplicate contacts and other contacts deleted

I am at a loss as to what to do about the duplicate issue.  I use Gmail so I had duplicates on my Blackberry Curve, on Gmail, and on my Mac. I deleted all the duplicates on Gmail and on my Mac, wiped my BB and took the contacts from the next sync with my Mac. Fine for about a week and then it began duplicating randomly once again. Not all of  them duplicate and I can see no rhyme or reason for it. Some of them get up to 20 duplicates and they aren't necessarily contacts that are used much.

I'm at wit's end. This only started since I upgraded to 6.0

My Device: Tour 9630

Re: duplicate contacts, unable to delete duplicate contacts and other contacts deleted

just tried this. worked for me and it may work for you as well

i have the same setup with mac, gmail and a Tour and was experiencing the same problem. 

1) set your google sync on the BB to update manually

2) Go to the gmail contacts and in the "more" pull-down menu select "find & merge duplicates..."

3) complete the gmail contacts merge

4) in the mac address app goto "look for duplicates" in the "card" menu and complete the merge there as well

5) turn the automatic update back on in google sync on the BB

the next time you sync with googlesync  it will remove the duplicates on your BB (removed nearly 1200 dupes for me)

note that my mac address program's preferences are not currently configured to do any sync with google

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: RIM blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Koodo

HI Foz

I did anotehr post but no help.

OSX 10.5.8....but had to upgrade so am now 10.6.8

Blackberry 8530, Running version  5.0.0.973 Bundle 1596 PLatform 4.2.0.422

When everything upgraded, everything sync's but contacts, except one contact somehow made it through. At first shows error KB19454 , which I searched and problem solved, but nothing there works- have been through those soulutions 4 times.

Secondly I Did a wipe as you spec'ed but it won't complete. "Unexpected Clear error, please try again and if problem persists please contact RIM for support"

Please help- I am so frustrated.  

Another thing is the DM doen't let me copy and paste the error message - please pass this to the programmers.