Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: duplicate contacts, unable to delete duplicate contacts and other contacts deleted

Hi Fozzy - I am not able to get your proposed solution to work either as I don't use Entourage. We have a Sprint BB Curve 8330m and am running  Snow Leopard on a 20" iMac.  I'm trying to synch the contacts in Address Book and it used to work fine when I had the leaked version of DM for Mac. I've tried to uninstall current version and reinstall the leaked version but I still the sync error - unable to complete.  

I would welcome a PM with any addt'l advice here.  This is my wife's phone and she's about ready to kill somebody (me) after losing hundreds of contacts.  Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: duplicate contacts, unable to delete duplicate contacts and other contacts deleted

RickSilva wrote:

Hello

I could not find my contacts in the clear list.Could it be called something else. What I did find is "Handheld Agent", this is grayed out and cannot be deleted. This is the only item that has a high record number. Should I just Clear everything on the Storm and start over again?

I am using Apple Mail if this matters. 

Rick 

If you were unable to find the contacts in the clear list I suspect you may be having the same issue as Tnschic1. Try the following:

Re-run the application loader as shown here then go back in and verify that address book is now listed under the PIM databases:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19150

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Stemmers -

I am finding that since I upgraded to OS 10.6 and RIM's Desktop Manager v 1.0 for Mac, my address book will no longer sync. I can put it in the BB and sync - nothing. I put it in Address book and sync - nothing!

I don't use task or notes but the iCal is working fine and syncing. 

If I have a new contact, I delete all my contacts in the BB 8330 and then sync telling Blackberry Manager to replace all contacts on my BB. This is time consuming and of course means I can never enter a contact in my BB otherwise I loose it since it won't sync.

I also get the problem you have with notes and catagories duplication on ALL my contacts. RIM is supposedly  working on this issue but won't say how long it will be. I read on one of the tech solutions that they are aware of this problem but there is NO SOLUTION at this time. That's not very helpful!

I wish I had gotten the iPhone or stuck with Palm since ever since I got the BB in 11/08, I've had nothing but problems with syncing.

L

New Contributor

Hey All

What I did was re-install the latest Storm file system. After I did that the Desktop seems to be working fine. Yes I did save al my files before I did the complete re-install :-)

Rick

New Contributor

All - I too ended up having the SW upgraded when connecting and it worked.  Fixed the address synch error.  Problem is the device rest itself and I lost the data.  I did a backup before hand and when I tried to bring back my wife's tasks that wasn't an option with any records.  Does anyone know where I can find the back up data file on the Mac? Which folder?
New Contributor

RickSilva & Stemmers - I have a 8330 Curve and I'm not sure how you re-install the latest file system. I did download the latest Desktop Manager and I also use an Mac 10.6 with Apple Address book.

Stemmers - I don't use Tasks so I'm not sure where to find a back up of that. I'm sorry.

L

I've followed Fozzy's steps to try and resolve contact syncing and am getting extremely frustrated.

Contacts appear to sync fine, but when I look at contacts on my BBerry, no phone numbers appear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Visitor

I have the same problem

- i have the blackberry Bold

- I am syncing with Apple Mail

- i downloaded the software from the BB website, the official version.

- i had several successful syncs, initially.

- I now cannot sync the Address book.  My entire contact list is deleted except for one name that is duplicated 5 times and i cannot delete any of them.

- I originally got the message "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model."  I followed the instructions on this support discussion and I seem to have fixed it.

-  I now have this message"The Address Book database cannot not be accessed for synchronization."

I tried everything described in these forums but nothing works.

- i removed the battery

- i deleted the DM and reinstalled it

- I tried to "clear" the data but the address book was not there to clear

- i tried the Application Loader, but cannot see Address book to reinstall it.

can you let me know what to do?  this is driving me crazy and is taking so much time

Brand new Curve 8330, my first BB, just downloaded BD for Mac, and I'm having the same issues: some duplicates I cannot delete, others appearing 5-6 times, another one for each sync. I tried the protocol and cannot even successfully clear my address book. Any ideas? Where all does BD for M pull data from? I'm cleaning up my Mac Address Book, but the sync keeps adding the duplicates back in. Help!

New Contributor

I did what Rick did. When I started my BB again, it asked me if I wanted to use the contacts on my SIM card. I said no, wiped the 156 repeats of the same person, and it synced fine.