Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

dust under the display screen

It started without notice but has now become a nusance. Dust particles are accumulating under the screen at the top and in the center of the screen. It is most visible when the screen displays a darker background and in sunlight. Is there a way to clean it?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: dust under the display screen

Barrycuda,

Had the same issue with my first Storm.  Unfortunately, there's no way to get the dust out... compressed air can, vacuum, etc.  And once it starts, it doesn't magically stop.  I suggest taking it to your carrier and getting a new/replacement device.  Some folks have tried popping the screen apart to find that they crack it then their carrier doesn't replace it because they've broken it. Save yourself the headache and just take it back.  Was yours manufactured in Canada?  Mine was and I've read on several other forums that there were productions issues with the Canadian manufactured devices.  You can tell by popping out the battery.  It says it on a sticker under there.  My replacement was manufactured in Mexico... no problems with this one.

Cheers,

G

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: dust under the display screen

Thanks. That makes sense as other phones I have seen do not have this issue.